LinkedIn users can always cancel LinkedIn Premium if they wish to. It is the social network’s paid subscription service with extra professional benefits. Users can Cancel LinkedIn Subscription at any time by using a web browser on their computer by visiting the platform’s settings option.
However, there is one catch with LinkedIn’s smartphone app. If users are subscribed to LinkedIn’s premium, then they cannot cancel LinkedIn subscription using the app. But if they are subscribed to it through Apple’s iTunes, then they can cancel it through the iTunes subscription section of the settings app on an iPhone.
Let’s first start with a bit about LinkedIn.
A brief introduction to LinkedIn
LinkedIn was established initially in Mountain View, California and now it is headquartered in Sunnyvale, again in California. It now has around 33 worldwide offices in different cities across America and the world. Notable other offices of it are in Milan, Paris, Madrid, Dubai, Stockholm, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, London, Sao Paulo and Amsterdam among a host of many others (Facebook Hack Report).
As of May 2020, around 20,500 employees were employed at the company.
Numerous sources reveal that a lot of American high school graduates are making profiles on LinkedIn to include it with their college applications. The network is available in the following languages:
- Chinese (simplified).
- Chinese (Mandarin).
LinkedIn Premium – a bit of an introduction about it
LinkedIn’s premium adds numerous benefits to LinkedIn. Among them are InMail messaging without limits (Users can message other users not in their list of connections), access to professional development courses in LinkedIn’s database, deep insights into who is checking the user’s profile and the like.
But, all of this does come in at a price. It is quite expensive as it starts at USD$ 29.99 per month. Those who would like to use it need to have a steady job with a steady and consistent pay. Also, they should subscribe when they are actively looking for a job.
If users cancel their premium subscription, they will get to keep their Premium status through the end of the incumbent billing cycle. Afterwards, they will eventually lose access to all features Premium offered (such as insights and InMail). However, users can keep all their connections and other aspects of LinkedIn’s free service.
Cancelling LinkedIn’s Premium on the personal computer – the steps involved
Those who wish to cancel their LinkedIn Premium Subscription on their computer, they can do so through the following steps:
- Users should first open LinkedIn.com in any of web browsers they have.
- When they reach the site, they should log-in with their ID and password.
- When users have logged in, they should click on the ‘Me’ icon on the top right side of the screen.
- From there, they should go to ‘Access my Premium’ in the dropdown menu.
- When they reach the ‘Manage Premium Account’ section, they should then click on ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Here, they should click on ‘Continue to Cancel.’
Cancelling LinkedIn Premium on Apple iPhone – Here is how it is done
As mentioned earlier, users cannot cancel LinkedIn’s premium feature using the mobile app on either Android or on iOS. For that they need to use a browser on either a desktop or a laptop.
But there is a sigh of relief for iOS users. If they purchased their subscription to LinkedIn Premium via iTunes, then they can cancel it, but it must be done through iTunes. Here is how they can do it:
- Users should start iTunes and go to settings.
- They should then tap their name at the top of the screen.
- They should then tap the iTunes & App Store.
- Over there, they should then tap on their Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Then, they should tap on ‘View Apple ID’ in the pop-up window.
- To access the Apple ID, users may need to enter a passcode or use either their Face ID or Touch ID.
- Users should afterward tap on subscriptions.
- Then they should tap on LinkedIn.
- Then they should click on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and then confirm their choice.